Beyond Working Out: Why the Y
Written by: Brooke
So, you hear about the Y... but do you really know what it's all about? What programs are offered at the Y? Beyond working out, what ELSE can you do there? Well, I wondered the very same thing. So, I did a little investigative work and got the scoop for both of us!
First of all, I didn't realize that when you join the Y, you're committing to more than simply becoming healthier. You're actually supporting the values and programs that strengthen our community (and who doesn't love that). At the Y, kids learn what they can achieve, families spend quality time together, and we all build relationships that deepen our sense of belonging.
It's incredibly easy to join online (literally takes just a few minutes) and start using any of the 14 area locations. To start, click here and just select the Y location and the best membership type for you!
All memberships include access to all 14 area locations and unlimited group exercise and water fitness classes.
· Use of all YMCA of Greater Kansas City locations and participating Ys across the country through the Y Away program.
· FREE group exercise and water fitness classes to connect with others who share your interests.
· Your Y membership includes a variety of FREE group exercise classes for all fitness levels - including family-friendly options! From Cycle to Zumba, classes offer you great workouts, and opportunities to connect with friends.
· FREE Kids Zone for ages 12 weeks to 8 years. Your children are safe and engaged in play while you work out.
· FREE senior programs that encourage friendship and staying active.
· FREE Bitty Sports for ages 3-5 to introduce kids to sports in a fun and non-competitive environment.
· Reduced rates on programs including on swim lessons, sports, kids’ programs and specialty classes. (Members receive as much as 50% off fees for programs such as swim lessons, youth sports, Kids Night Out events, personal training and more.)
· Guest passes to share the Y with friends and family.
· Earn FREE months of membership when you refer new members.
· FREE Fitness Consultations that include personalized recommendations from trained professionals.
· 6 FREE fitness coaching sessions through their Coaching Connection program (up to $450 value).
· FREE Y Weight Loss program (8 weeks, valued at $200).
Monday, March 27-Friday, March 31 - It's #MarchWellness month at the Y there’s a special flash sale going on for one week only! Join and receive 50% off your first month of membership.
Good stuff, huh? I thought so too. I'll see ya at the Y!