Puppy Love: Peanut Butter Dog Treats for Valentine's Day
Written by: Allison Swan
Don’t forget your favorite four-legged friend this Valentine's Day! Give them some lovin’ from the oven by making these easy peanut butter dog treats with ingredients most already have at home. Here's what you’ll need:
2 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
½ cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons peanut butter
Pinch of salt
Heart-shaped cookie cutter
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, pumpkin, peanut butter, eggs, and salt with an electric mixer. The mixture should be stiff and dry, but you can add small amounts of water if needed.
3. Add flour to your workspace and roll out dough until it’s about a half-inch thick.
4. Cut dough into desired shapes and transfer to baking sheets.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes until hard, but keep an eye on them because baking time will vary based on the size of your treats.
Your pup will definitely go nuts for these treats! Keep them fresh by storing them in a sealed jar.