Father's Day DIY: Fishing Lure Bookmark
Written by: Allison Swan
Father's Day is just around the corner! Make a unique yet practical handmade gift for your dad or grandpa for their special day with this tutorial from Joanna Gaines. It'll stand the test of time and make them smile for years down the road when it slips out of his favorite book unexpectedly. This is also a great craft for kids to help you make, too. Here's what you'll need:
Monofilament fishing line
Permanent marker (optional)
1. Carefully cut treble hook with pliers.
2. Cut desired length of fishing string and add 4″.
3. Tie a single bead at the end of the string, leaving approximately 2″ at the bottom. Note: the bead will help keep the rest of the beads from sliding off.
4. Thread your desired color pattern of beads onto the string leaving 2″ of free string at the end.
5. Use the excess 2″ of string at the end to tie onto the lure.
6. Tie the excess at the other side (the side where the first bead was tied) to a fishing swivel.
Alternatively, you can skip the beads and simply tie a cotton string to the lure and swivel. Buy dad a new book and use the bookmark to mark a little note in the front that you or your kids write. No matter how you decide to present it, these whimsical and fun fishing lure bookmarks will be sure put a smile on his face!