From Yoga to Babysitting Classes: Upcoming FREE Events Around KC
Written by: Jen Johnson
Stressed…anxious?? Local Author Dr. Susan Harrison knows how to help. You have a chance to hear from her FREE at The Tonganoxie Public Library on Wednesday, July 18th at 6:30 p.m. as part of their Better Together series. The topic will be “Think of Your Future Self”. Check out her books and info HERE.
Do you have a kiddo who’s ready to start babysitting? Then maybe it’s time for Safe Sitter®. Safe Sitter® is for teens who are ready to learn the skills they need to care for themselves and young children. Through role-playing and hands-on activities, you will learn personal safety, first aid and rescue and child care essentials. The class will also teach life and business skills, such as phone etiquette and interview techniques.
- Teens in grades 6 –12 may take the class.
- Participants will receive a manual and earn a certificate of completion.
- Learn choking infant/child rescue and infant/Child CPR.
For upcoming Olathe Public Library Safe Sitter® class dates, visit their events calendar.
Important Details to Know
- Registration is required.
- Registration will open at 10:00 a.m. one week before the class date. Register online or call (913) 971-6888.
- Space is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants need to bring a sack lunch, snacks and drink. Lunch not provided.
- There are two forms to be downloaded, filled out and brought to class by the student
There is no charge for Olathe residents or students who attend Olathe Public Schools; there is a $20 materials charge for participants who live outside of Olathe and do not attend Olathe schools.
Questions about the babysitting classes? Contact Angela Parks, Teen Librarian at (913) 971-6881 or by email at email@example.com.
July 27 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
City Hall Plaza, 220 SE Green Street
Lee's Summit, Missouri 64063
Yoga in the Streets takes place at City Hall Plaza in Downtown Lee’s Summit. Yoga instructors from Metanoia will guide the yoga practice, which is for all ages and all ability levels. The event is FREE; No reservations are needed. Just show up with a yoga mat and a fun attitude!